Sunday, August 30, 2009

Let Justice Be Done!


Out this week: Captain Action #5 from Moonstone Comics. In addition to featuring the continuing saga of current-day CA and an episode of Action Boy written by my pal Vito Delsante, it also contains a 6-page story starring the "classic," 1960s CA, "Captain Action Classified: The Missile of October," written by myself and illustrated by John Hebert.

Me, Lady Action, Ed Catto, Sean Ahearn, Joe Ahearn, Vito Delsante and a table full'o merch!

I did an appearance at the fabulous Jim Hanley's Universe, one of New York's premiere comic shops on 33rd Street across from the Empire State Building, last Friday to sign that issue (and anything else people wanted to bring for me to sign...and believe me, some folks dug deep and found some ancient comics for me to scrawl all over). Signing with me was the aforementioned Vito Delsante, as well as CA Enterprises muckety-mucks, Joe Ahearn and Ed Catto...and the lovely and ever-dangerous Lady Action (aka Nicky).

Me, Lady Action, and the equally dangerous Vito Delsante

A great time was had by all and a lot of Captain Action fans passed through to pick up copies of the new issue, some oh-so-cool CA merchandise (I got a Cap cap!!!), including the new coffee table book, and spend some time talking. A few old friends came by to say hello, some on purpose, others who just happened to be there on their regular weekly visit.

Team Action will be appearing next at the Brooklyn Book Festival on September 13...I'm hoping to be there with them 'cause I hate to pass up a chance to visit the old neighborhood, meet some new friends, and be surrounded by books and book lovers!

1 comment:

rob! said...

A friend of mine named Craig stopped by and said hi. I wish I had been there, too!