Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Digging Through the Rubble

Ah, the joys of an impending move! It opens file drawers whose contents haven't seen the light of day since Hector was a pup (I don't know what that means, but my father used to say it).

From, man, I'm thinking 1985-ish...give or take a couple of years, 6 sample pages of Waystation, a funny science fiction graphic novel written by me and drawn by cartoonist and pal Chuck Fiala (lettering by Willie Schubert). We were marketing the strip to a European-album format, an 8.5" x 11" 48 or 64-page book on nice white paper with cardboard covers that a publisher called NBM was doing. I don't recall if Waystation was rejected or the publisher went under or the market changed, but it remained just a proposal and 6-page sample sitting in a drawer.

Until now...

Waystation © Paul Kupperberg
Art © Chuck Fiala


No comments: