Friday, February 13, 2009

...And, Finally, To My Agent, Morty, Without Whom None of This Would've Been Possible!

My friend Rob over at the Aquaman Shrine (a fixture in the "Linky Goodness" section), has done me the kindness of presenting me the coveted Premios Dardo Award for "unique voices and visions on the web."


The Premios Dardo is, like the web itself, an individual effort, given by bloggers to other bloggers, to pass along, sharing the appreciation and the love. (Jeez. I'm a blogger. Who knew?) And I do. About 60 people read this thing and I'm glad you all take the time to see what I have to offer and I'm flattered Rob thought enough of me to single me out.

To get the Premios Dardo is to give it as well and the rules are, as I understand it (and cut and pasted from another recipient's blog):

1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2) Pass the award to another 5 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award.

Alrighty then:

Ed Gorman's BLOG features the thoughts of hard-hitting, tooth-loosening author Gorman. What more do you need?

My dear friend Robert Greenberger contributes his Notes From A Final Frontiersman, all about his work, his interests, his life and family, no holds barred and, considering what the last year held for them, some pretty gut-wrenchingly honest writing.

Super Reader: Superhero Prose Fiction is a no-frills site that catalogues and discusses one of my favorite comics-related subjects, superhero prose fiction.

Writer Tod Goldberg is a misanthrope...but in a good way. One of my people (or at his level of cultural incredulity, I'm more likely one of his people). He's also funny as hell and always leaves me wondering why "fucktard" hasn't yet caught on as a national catchphrase.

Artist Steve Brodner is one of the country's leading editorial cartoonists and has appeared in the New York Times, the New Yorker, Esquire, and pert near everywhere else. We went to high school together and I've been a fan since the day I first saw him draw--he's also one of the smartest people I've ever known with a keen insight into what makes this country run.

All worth checking out.

2 comments:

rob! said...

wondering why "fucktard" hasn't yet caught on as a national catchphrase

that's funny, it is around our house!

less so since the inauguration.

Paul Kupperberg said...

Hey, her pet names for you are your business!